Written by Watchity
Webinars have been with us for a while and their popularity has grown exponentially. It consists of a video whose main objective is informative and practical. Usually, one or more people appear explaining something about a specific topic. Moreover, because of its online format, it has an enormous potential to reach a wide audience.
This past year, there has been a lot of talk about the rise of webinars in private companies. As we all know, Covid-19 has caused different organizations to search for new communication methods. But it’s also necessary to talk about how the different government organizations are using them in a very efficient and intelligent way.
How government organizations are using webinars
This kind of organizations are using webinars for:
- Information on aid and services: They explain relevant technical and administrative aspects when executing projects and processing justifications. There are also counseling programs.
- Financial breakfasts: Agencies like ACCIÓ (Catalonia Trade & Investment) that are attached to the government, organize sessions where you can learn about the different financial tools and the most recent success stories of investors and entrepreneurs.
- Conferences: Pure informative sessions on different topics are given in the format of workshops and masterclasses. They educate the citizens.
- Business missions: These are webinars in which they explain how to enter a specific business sector.
- Networking: They organize webinars that become a space to make work contacts.
How webinars work
Webinars offer a lot of possibilities and in these cases, they usually work the following way:
- Attendees register or sign up.
- When the day and time comes, they access the webinar through a link.
- They can see and hear the speaker.
- They can see the presentation.
- Easy interaction between attendees and the speaker by enabling a chat or a Q&A.
- Some platforms such as Watchity, offer a high level of customization, allowing you to connect different cameras and smartphones, share your screen, and to add lower-thirds, overlays, brand logos and pre-recorded videos.